qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how to verify virtio is being used?

From: al pat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how to verify virtio is being used?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:39:25 -0400

Hi Kevin,

Thanks!

Yes, one disk is visible in guest as sdb (partitioned to sdb1),
mounted and I write to it.

The virtio disk is visible as /dev/vda, (partitioned to vda1), mounted
and I write to it.

Kernel log on guest - do you mean dmesg?

I was trying to trace through the virt io calls to confirm. and
determine the invocation sequence.

My lspci output:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] (rev 02)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
00:01.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 IDE [Natoma/Triton II]
00:01.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 USB
[Natoma/Triton II] (rev 01)
00:01.3 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Cirrus Logic GD 5446
00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Qumranet, Inc. Unknown device 1000
00:04.0 RAM memory: Qumranet, Inc. Unknown device 1002
00:06.0 SCSI storage controller: Qumranet, Inc. Unknown device 1001

lspci -k --- to show kernel drivers associated with the device does
not work in the guest.

Thanks