qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] serial input with -serial stdio

From: Edgar E. Iglesias
Subject: [Qemu-devel] serial input with -serial stdio
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:22:44 +0200

Hi,

Tried to stream 2K of data into a guest via an emulated serial port backed
by -serial stdio but it failed. Looks like data flows for a while, then
suddenly even though the last call to can_rceive returns +, nothing comes.
It works OK through TCP ports (-serial tcp::xxx,server + nc).

I know this used to work before, last time I tried was about a year ago
or so, maybe a little more. I suspect regression somewhere.

I run qemu something like the following:
cat file-with-ser-data | qemu-system-cris -kernel image -serial stdio

The serial port is hw/etraxfs_ser.c, can't find anything wrong there.

Unfortunately I dont have much time at the moment to debug, so I tought
I just throw this out to the list and hope that someone knows whats
going on. Otherwise I'll debug later.

Cheers,
Edgar