qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC64 support on FreeBSD, has it improved as of yet?

From: Super Bisquit
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SPARC64 support on FreeBSD, has it improved as of yet?
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:03:37 -0400

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Super Bisquit <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Bob Breuer <address@hidden> wrote:
Super Bisquit wrote:

> It builds, doesn't run. More like it runs and hangs.
>
> $ qemu-system-sparc -cpu LEON3 -hda test.img -cdrom Downloads/debian-6.0.2.1-sparc-businesscard.iso -m 256 -boot d

That command line won't work.  OpenBIOS doesn't support LEON, and the
last version of Debian for sparc32 was 4.0.

Try instead: "qemu-system-sparc -cdrom debian-40r9-sparc-netinst.iso
-boot d"

You can get a cd image from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/4.0_r9/sparc/iso-cd/ but the
installer may not be able to load packages from the internet because the
packages have been moved to archive.debian.org.

Bob

No response either from sparc32 or powerpc.  I386 also didn't work.
What gdb commands should be ran on the core and what qemu monitor commands should I run?

Here. When someone else on the list has FreeBSD installed to a SPARC64/UltraSPARC device and has installed qemu to it, then it will be easy to see what I am referring to constantly.