qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest agent does not build on OpenBSD

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest agent does not build on OpenBSD
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:14:22 +0100

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Brad <address@hidden> wrote:
> *sigh* This was some pretty sloppy work that was commited with very little
> testing. The QAPI stuff that was commited also needs Python
> to build and no appropriate checks were added to the configure script
> to check for its presence and to allow the person building to point
> to appropriate Python binary instead of a hardcoded binary name in the
> Makefile.

The best defense against build breakages and bitrot is the buildbot
that runs daily builds and reports errors.  These builds are now
include maintainer trees (e.g. Kevin's block tree and Michael
Tsirkin's pci tree) - that means broken patches will be weeded out
before they are merged into qemu.git/master.

The level of coverage depends on volunteers adding machines for host
OSes they care about.  For example, we're missing *BSD and Windows
(even mingw cross-compile).

Do you want to add a buildslave to cover the host you care about?  For
more info:

http://wiki.qemu.org/ContinuousIntegration

Stefan