qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] modelling omap_gpmc with the hierarchical memory API

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] modelling omap_gpmc with the hierarchical memory API
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:15:58 +0300

On 08/02/2011 09:07 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>   system_memory
>>      +--- cs_region-0
>>              +--- device-connected-to-that-region
>>
>>  cs-region-0 will clip anything under it.
>
>  OK, and when we change the size of CS0 we delete the container
>  region, create a new one of the new size and reconnect the
>  device-region to the new container? That's a bit clumsy but it
>  will work.

That's why I was asking for a memory_region_update service + region
description via some struct, not (only) via function arguments.

Maybe we can do something like

  memory_region_init(&myregion, (MemoryDesc) {
      .size = blah,
      .foo = bar,
      })

and use the same structure for updates.

 And that's why we need GPIO/IRQ services at qdev level, not exclusively
 for sysbus club members.

Is there any sysbus thing which doesn't need to become a qdev thing?  I'd guess
that the only sysbus property that doesn't need to become part of qdev is its
singletonness.

signature is too narrow to contain.