qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] support for Freescale MPC8xx (850/860) processors/platf

From: Brendan Simon (eTRIX)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] support for Freescale MPC8xx (850/860) processors/platforms
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:36:09 +1000

Hi,

Anyone working on Freescale MPC8xx (embedded PowerPC) processors ??

I'm trying to ascertain if the MPC8xx (MPC850) processors are supported, and if not, how much effort would be required to get it working.

Thanks for any help.
Brendan.

On 5/08/11 9:31 PM, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
Hello,

Does QEMU support the Freescale MPC8xx (MPC850) processors or platforms (e.g FADS860) ??

Googling shows some code that suggests that it is not supported.
> cpu_abort(env, "MPC8xx MMU model is not implemented\n");

If not supported, does anyone have any idea how much work there would be to add support for MPC850/860 and to create a platform that has supports DRAM, Flash, the CPM peripherals (SMC/USARTS, SCC/UARTS, SCC/Ethernet, BRG timers, etc) ??

The platform I would like to build has 1 x Ethernet (using SCC2), 1 x UART (on SMC1), 1 x UART (on SCC3), 1 x UART (external UART chip), and an Altera CPLD with digital I/O.

Are there any other similar platforms I could look at, to either port or use as a reference, to build an MPC850 platform as described ??

Thanks,
Brendan.