qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary results of unit testing on qemu.git

From: Jan Kiszka
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary results of unit testing on qemu.git
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:27:52 +0200

On 2011-08-27 11:16, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> apic: First error is related to user space APIC exposing a different
>         version than the in-kernel APIC. The version is coupled to the
>       CPU model, but neither KVM nor QEMU get this right so far. I
>       think we already had complaints about the too old version QEMU
>       returns but no patches to fix it properly.
>
>       Then there is a self-ipi issue under KVM but not TCG (or
>         in-kernel irqchip), need to look closer. Also affects eventinj.

This issue is caused by a bug in the user space irqchip chain:
pic_update_irq triggered by the test case's mask_pic_interrupts fails to
reset the CPU IRQ on x86.

I've applied the testdev patch to an ancient i8259&Co. cleanup queue of
mine, and that actually fixes the issue. I guess I should rebase those
patches and post them eventually.

Jan