qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Regarding address mapping

From: sparsh mittal
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Regarding address mapping
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:13:51 -0500

Hello
I am new to qemu and have a question regarding address mapping.

Can we change the virtual to physical mapping in qemu, in a particular manner, for example, changing this mapping in a multi-core environment to control their share? One possibility is adding page table. But I am not sure.

If we change this mapping but keep full track of the change made, will the correctness of execution be affected?

 I saw tlb_set_page function in exec.c makes new tlb entry and I think this needs to be implemented somewhere there.

If this question has been already answered, can you give me a pointer.Thanks in advance.
Thanks and Regards
Sparsh Mittal