qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GPLv3 troubles

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GPLv3 troubles
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:10:03 +0200

On 10/17/2011 01:07 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
>  That is close to impossible, you usually ask permission for all the
>  authors in the history to avoid bigger problems.
I did refer to authors in history, in case that was unclear.

Authors in history (unlike authors in git blame, but you cannot trust that) almost never disappear, no matter how much you rewrite. Even dyngen->TCG kept a lot of the target-* code unchanged.

Making a list of GPLv2 files would be a start, though.

Paolo