qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] remove unused function arg in qemu_iohandler_po

From: Jun Koi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] remove unused function arg in qemu_iohandler_poll() and qemu_iohandler_fill()
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:05:57 +0800

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/01/2011 06:11 AM, Jun Koi wrote:
>>
>> This patch removes unused function argument xfds from
>> qemu_iohandler_poll() and qemu_iohandler_fill()
>
> I don't think the patch us particularly useful; the arguments are designed
> to match select.  The fact that iohandlers do not support xfds (unlike e.g.
> glib and slirp poll/fill) is not important to the _client_ of this code.

do you mean the code looks "more beautiful" if we just leave xfds
there? is that a good reason?

this causes a little bit on performance, because we have to push an
unused argument into the stack every time we call those funcs.
while the impact is minimal, do we really need to suffer that for the
beauty of code?

thanks,