qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] virtio-mmio transport

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/4] virtio-mmio transport
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:44:18 +0100

On 11/17/2011 12:20 PM, Pawel Moll wrote:
>  Correct.  Syborg virtio was something Paul Brook did bit is not an "official"
>  virtio transport as far as Linux or the spec is concerned.
Honestly, that's the first time I hear about it, and as I'm not allowed
to look at qemu code (legal reasons, just don't ask;-)  it's hard for me
to comment. But during the discussions about virtio-mmio, no one
mentioned it at all! Is it similar in ideas?

Yes. :)

I do apologise if I jeopardised somebody's work, but it wasn't on
purpose...

No worries at all, I was more interested about code duplication in QEMU. But perhaps syborg_virtio could simply go away.

Paolo