qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] interrupt handling in qemu
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 01:31:53 +0000

On 29 December 2011 00:48, Xin Tong <address@hidden> wrote:
> That is my guess as well in the first place, but my QEMU is built with
> CONFIG_IOTHREAD set to 0.

Your QEMU is old -- iothread is now the only option (the config
option to use not-iothread has gone away).

> I am not 100% sure about how interrupts are delivered in QEMU, my
> guess is that some kind of timer devices will have to fire and qemu
> might have installed a signal handler and the signal handler takes the
> signal and invokes unlink_tb.  I hope you can enlighten me on that.

I think the non-iothread config used to use a signal handler, yes.
However I don't recall the details and it's all a bit irrelevant
now anyway. I recommend using an up to date source tree to do your
experiments with...

-- PMM