qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Vioserial of Windows guest OS on Qemu 0.1

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] Vioserial of Windows guest OS on Qemu 0.15
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:09:57 +0000

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 09:41:15AM +0800, Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部 wrote:
> I tested on Qemu 1.0.50. and found the VioSerial driver had problem to
> install on 64-bit Win7 guest.
> During the driver installation, the system hung after the driver being
> installed. After I rebooted the
> guest OS, the Vioserial driver work. The hang system seemed to be found only
> during the driver installation.

If you need to reproduce the installation hang I suggest using qemu
-snapshot or qemu -drive ...,snapshot=on.  These options prevent changes
made by the guest to the disk image from being permanent.

Once you terminate QEMU the changes will be gone and your disk image
will be unchanged - useful for repeatedly testing these types of issues!

Stefan