qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mascot Contest Results

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mascot Contest Results
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:03:42 -0600

First, I'd like to thank everyone for participating! We received a large number of entries and lot of great submissions.

But there is pretty clearly a favorite and with 12 votes, I'm pleased to announce that Benoit Canet's "Kew the Angry Emu" logo is the winner!

I'm attaching the SVG to this mail for everyone to see in it's full glory. It's derived from the oksmith EMU SVG (which is public domain) and Liberation Sans text (GPL with a clause permitting any use when embedding).

Benoit has agreed to license the logo under the CC BY license[1]. I'll commit this logo (along with some derivatives) to the tree so we can start using it everywhere we can!

Benoit has also graciously volunteered to help re-theme the wiki to better match the new logo. Stay tuned for more info here.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and congratulations to Benoit!

[1] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Regards,

Anthony Liguori