qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Add GSoC project ideas to the wiki!

From: Michal Privoznik
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Add GSoC project ideas to the wiki!
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:38:33 +0100

On 24.02.2012 10:19, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> This is a reminder that QEMU will apply for Google Summer of Code 2012 and we
> need project ideas and mentors.  Libvirt and kvm.ko projects are also welcome!
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012
>
> Please add yourself to the wiki now if you want to mentor a project
> this summer.  I will file our application next week.
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the opportunity. I was personally thinking about something
libvirt-snmp related. Nowdays, it is difficult to add new elements to
MIB, as some parts of code were generated by mib2c. Any change to MIB
requires regeneration of such source files and thus leads to loss of all
previous changes. So one thing that is coming to my mind is drop this
dependency and use libsnmp directly. But I am not sure it is worth of GSoC.

Michal