qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Support for Nested Paging

From: Ankur Agrawal
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Support for Nested Paging
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:18:14 +0000

Hi,

I am a student currently working on development of a Hypervisor for JOS Operating System.

I run JOS over QEMU's emulation of x86 architecture. Currently I am planning to add Nested Page Table support to JOS.

Does QEMU emulate the Nested Page Tables implemented by AMD-V architecture or the Intel VT?

Also I am trying to understand the QEMU source with an objective of participating in the Google Summer of Code and contributing to QEMU. I have tried tracing through the code but seems this link http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/stefanha.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/tracing:/docs/tracing.txt is not updated because many of the options do not work here. I would very happy if someone could provide me links to a good starting point to understand QEMU source code.

Thanks,
Ankur