qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trace all the guest OS instructions and the micr

From: Yue Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trace all the guest OS instructions and the micro-ops
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 02:33:44 -0400

Thanks a lot. So any approach to get the dynamic or static whole memory information of the guest OS ? Not the memory of each process.

Sorry for the confusion. I do use version 1.0.1.  I mention not in 0.9.1 because someone has already implemented the dynamic tracing in 0.9.1, but not in the latest version.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Chen Yufei <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi....
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:12, Yue Chen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am doing some research based on the QEMU. Does anyone know how to get
>> (trace) all the instructions of the guest OS, and get all the intermediate
>> micro-ops ?  (Not in the 0.9.1 version)

QEMU has release version 1.0.1. Why are you still using 0.9.1?

> I believe it's "-d" option you're looking for. Please read qemu manual
> for further clarification and info.

"-d" can only give a static view of what instruction is translated,
but can't get a dynamic instruction execution trace.

--
Best regards,
Chen Yufei