qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Moniter The Ram Access On QEMU

From: stefan weids
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Moniter The Ram Access On QEMU
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:30:49 +0800

Dear All,

Now I want to moniter memory access on QEMU (guest virtual or guest physical).
I found that QEMU will translate arm instructions into TCG instructions, and the TCG instructions will be translated into X86 instructions.

The function "tcg_out_op"(tcg/i386/tcg_target.c) will translate the TCG instructions into X86 instructions eventually.
Does the case statement just like "OP_32_64(ld8u)" and "INDEX_op_qemu_ld8u".etc includes all memory access routines on X86 view.
Is it proper for me to add some codes in TCG -> X86 to moniter the ram access on QEMU?

Any comments is appreciated.

thanks,

Best Regards,
Stefan