qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] unreviewed commits (was: Re: Restore consistent formatt

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] unreviewed commits (was: Re: Restore consistent formatting)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 03:07:46 +0200

Am 04.05.2012 02:41, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> On 05/03/2012 02:58 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:

>>> 100% agreed.
>>
>> I don't see anything in the mailing list archives corresponding
>> to commits f05ae537, f6af014e.
>>
>> No unreviewed patches should go double when we're in hardfreeze!
>
> These patches are admittedly trivial but it is important to stress the
> point that all patches need to go on the mailing list before being
> committed.
>
> It's an important part of keeping the development process inclusive.  I
> don't think it's reasonable to ask for an Acked-by on something as
> simple as indentation changes but at the same time, there's no reason
> not to just post patches.

The second patch is far from trivial!

It unneededly breaks the build on ppc hosts (during the Hard Freeze!),
so that I can no longer compile-test my patch series against PowerKVM.

Please revert immediately and either use a warning or a runtime abort.
And please use a proper commit message indicating that it affects "tcg/ppc".

Andreas