[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 01/35] vmstate: Simplify test for CPU_SAVE_VERSI
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 01/35] vmstate: Simplify test for CPU_SAVE_VERSION
Fri, 04 May 2012 14:06:10 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120421 Thunderbird/12.0
Am 04.05.2012 13:59, schrieb Juan Quintela:
> Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Am 04.05.2012 12:54, schrieb Juan Quintela:
>>> Some cpu's definitions define CPU_SAVE_VERSION, others not, but they have
>> "CPUs' definitions"?
>>> defined cpu_save/load.
>> This commit message sounds wrong. Use of cpu_save/load is still coupled
>> to CPU_SAVE_VERSION AFAICS.
>> What really changes is that vmstate_cpu_common is now registered whether
>> or not the target supports loading/saving the target-specific parts,
>> isn't it? Is that really useful? Either way, the commit message should
>> be updated.
> For the cpus that weren't using CPU_SAVE_VERSION, we now register the
> system as unmigratable, so this don't matter. For the cpus that support
> migration, it was always sent. Code now is trivial to understand:
> #if !defined(CONFIG_USER_ONLY)
> vmstate_register(NULL, cpu_index, &vmstate_cpu_common, env);
> vmstate_register(NULL, cpu_index, &vmstate_cpu, env);
No, that's not what's in the patch.
> Befor it was a maze of ifdefs. No change of behaviour with what we had
> before. For either cpus that had[not] support for migration or not.
Please look at the patch again - it turns the one-ifdef block into two
nested ifdefs. So therefore it is my understanding that - in lack of
unmigratable VMSDs this patch - possibly temporarily, not all patches
have arrived yet - changes the migration format in an odd way. In that
case we should consider reordering the patch within the series.
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer; HRB 16746 AG Nürnberg
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v5 00/35] VMState port of all cpus, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 04/35] vmstate: use new cpu style for x86, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 02/35] vmstate: make all architectures export a way to migrate cpu's, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 11/35] vmstate: Introduce VMSTATE_STRUCT_VARRAY_INT32_TEST, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 06/35] vmstate: make microblaze cpus not migrateable, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 05/35] vmstate: use new style for lm32 cpus, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 08/35] vmstate: introduce float32 arrays, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 10/35] vmstate: introduce CPU_DoubleU arrays, Juan Quintela, 2012/05/04