qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:38:26 +0100

On 15 May 2012 17:33, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 15.05.2012 18:04, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
>> Known Issues:
>>
>>  - There appears to be a failure in make check on some platforms.  This
>> will be resolved in -rc3.
>>

> Just for the record: there are a lot more known issues.
> Here is a small extract:
>
> - SDL (zooming) and VNC both access uninitialized memory.
>  SDL even writes out of bounds. Valgrind finds both kinds
>  of defects easily.
>
> - There are still several known memory leaks. For some of them
>  patches were already sent to qemu-devel.
>
> - There are known deficits in the emulations. Even the x86_64
>  system emulation which is one of the best maintained emulations
>  still causes a blue screen when running a 64 bit Windows guest
>  in TCG mode, for example.
>
> A lot was already done, but there still remains much work to be done :-)

Alex's linux-user stale-tbs-after-mmap patch is also still pending.

Maybe we should record patches/series/bugs that we hope to get into
the release on the wiki page, so it's easier to construct this
"known issues" list and Anthony has a checklist of things that
might have been accidentally passed over?

-- PMM