qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-microblaze-system

From: Michael Trimarchi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-microblaze-system
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:53:43 +0200

Hi Peter

On 05/22/2012 07:45 AM, Peter Crosthwaite wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> The microblaze linux kernel is available at:
>
> http://wiki.xilinx.com/
>
> If you wish to do your own kernel config from scratch. There is some
> brief documentation there on how to do a bringup.
>
> The qemu port for mb maintained by PetaLogix and I notice you are
> using a student email domain, so you likely eligible for a free
> academic license of the petalogix tools which automate the board
> bringup/kernel config etc, (and it will include our version of QEMU
> which can boot a lot more FPGA-microblaze platforms than just the
> ml605 ans s3adsp):

Yes I know, but what is the difference with the mainline qemu?

I'm working for an European Project that use microblaze and multiple pVex cores.
I have already done a driver that can use the rVex throught microblaze but
we need to do some simulation on qemu

> www.petalogix.com
>
> I have a Xilinx XPS project that exactly matches the ML605 qemu
> platform that I can send you as well, and I can also send you raw
> kernel config if that helps?

Yes, this can definitely help. Can you send both?

Regards
Michael