[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 23/25] PPC: e500: dt: use target_phys_addr_t for
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 23/25] PPC: e500: dt: use target_phys_addr_t for ramsize
Thu, 31 May 2012 17:24:17 -0500
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20120430 Thunderbird/12.0.1
On 05/31/2012 05:18 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> On 01.06.2012, at 00:07, Scott Wood wrote:
>> On 05/30/2012 06:00 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
>>> We're passing the ram size as uint32_t, capping it to 32 bits atm.
>>> Change to target_phys_addr_t (uint64_t) to make sure we have all
>>> the bits.
>> Wouldn't ram_addr_t be more appropriate?
> I never quite grasped the difference, but wasn't ram_addr_t something for the
I don't fully understand QEMU's RAM handling, but from what I recall RAM
is treated differently from arbitrary guest physical addresses, with a
QEMU-internal contiguous address space. Guest RAM needs to be mappable
by QEMU as well as the target, so ram_addr_t is 32-bit on a 32-bit host,
even if target_phys_addr_t is different.
But again, it was a while ago that I looked at this, and I didn't fully
understand it then, so I may be missing or misremembering something.
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH 06/25] dt: add helper for empty dt creation, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 24/25] PPC: e500: enable manual loading of dtb blob, Alexander Graf, 2012/05/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 25/25] Revert "dt: temporarily disable subtree creation failure check", Alexander Graf, 2012/05/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 19/25] PPC: e500: dt: create pci node dynamically, Alexander Graf, 2012/05/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 21/25] dt: Add -machine dumpdtb option to dump the current dtb, Alexander Graf, 2012/05/30
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 23/25] PPC: e500: dt: use target_phys_addr_t for ramsize, Alexander Graf, 2012/05/30