qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Plans for the hard feature freeze

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Plans for the hard feature freeze
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:23:41 +0200

Am 11.05.2012 03:49, schrieb Andreas Färber:
> Am 29.04.2012 20:57, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
>> We'll run this release much like the last one.  All bug fixing will
>> happen in master until 1.1 is released.  If you plan on maintaining a
>> subsystem tree while we're in feature freeze, please respond to this
>> note with information about your tree.
>
> On Paolo's suggestion and with Anthony's blessing I have set up a
> qom-next tree:
>
> T: git git://repo.or.cz/qemu/afaerber.git qom-next
> T: git http://repo.or.cz/r/qemu/afaerber.git qom-next
> W: http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/afaerber.git/shortlog/refs/heads/qom-next
>
> This is intended as temporary solution to minimize conflicts between QOM
> refactorings or features during the Hard Freeze and to facilitate a
> quick and painless merge into master once the window for 1.2 opens.

Slightly later than anticipated (due to the early 1.1 release and some
fallout from the build system overhaul) everything that made it into
qom-next is now merged into qemu.git master.

The qom-next branch is therefore officially disbanded.
Any QOM patches should be based onto qemu.git master branch again.

Still open among the QOM-related series I had tracked are for example:
* Paolo's and my "realize" - pending semantics discussion
* Paolo's static properties generalization - depends on state in Object
* my QOM CPUState part 4 (field movements) - needs review apart from TLB
* Igor's x86 CPU APIC/reset refactoring - under review
* Juan's VMState series - how to attach VMSD to CPUClass/DeviceClass?
* Markus' floppy QOM'ification - initial RFC only

Thanks to everyone who supported this effort during the Freeze!

Regards,
Andreas