qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU mailing list changes

From: Stefan Weil
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:37:35 +0200

Hi,

I suggest a small change of the QEMU related mailing lists
(see https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/):

Replace Qemu-devel by QEMU-devel, Qemu-trivial by QEMU-trivial,
and so on.

This matches the official project name which is QEMU (not Qemu).
As far as I know, there is no convention which prefers Qemu-devel,
and there are mailing lists on lists.nongnu.org with any kind
of upper and lower case mixed.

Mailing addresses are case insensitive and the links on the server
are lower case, therefore I expect that the change of the name
on lists.nongnu.org will work without much trouble.

Maybe some servers which mirror mailing lists could get confused
(if they inspect the name of the lists).

And of course the subjects of new mails would start with [QEMU-devel],
so case sensitive filters in private mail readers would need a trivial fix.

We could first rename one of the unused of less frequently
used lists (Qemu-commits, Qemu-stable). If that works well, the
rest can be renamed.

I'd also like to have descriptions of the QEMU related mailing lists.
The listinfo (link above) shows none today, but it could be added
easily by the list maintainer(s).

Regards,

Stefan Weil