[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/7] docs: add lazy refcounts bit to qcow2 specifi
Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/7] docs: add lazy refcounts bit to qcow2 specification
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:53:48 +0100
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 22.06.2012 17:08, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
>> The lazy refcounts bit indicates that this image can take advantage of
>> the dirty bit and that refcount updates can be postponed.
>> Signed-off-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
>> docs/specs/qcow2.txt | 6 +++++-
>> 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>> diff --git a/docs/specs/qcow2.txt b/docs/specs/qcow2.txt
>> index 3a789ce..8b2c0eb 100644
>> --- a/docs/specs/qcow2.txt
>> +++ b/docs/specs/qcow2.txt
>> @@ -85,7 +85,11 @@ in the description of a field.
>> Bitmask of compatible features. An implementation can
>> safely ignore any unknown bits that are set.
>> - Bits 0-63: Reserved (set to 0)
>> + Bit 0: Lazy refcounts bit. If this bit is set then lazy
>> + refcount updates can be used. This means
>> + marking the image file dirty and postponing
>> + metadata updates.
>> + Bits 1-63: Reserved (set to 0)
> Please keep the formatting consistent: The description for bit 0 should
> be indented to the same level as "Reserved", and an empty line should be
> left between each description.
> Regarding indentation, the same applies to patch 1.
Sorry, the formatting wasn't obvious to me. Will fix.
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 2/7] qcow2: introduce dirty bit, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/7] docs: add dirty bit to qcow2 specification, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2012/06/22
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC 4/7] qemu-iotests: ignore qemu-img create lazy_refcounts output, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2012/06/22
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC 7/7] qemu-iotests: add 039 qcow2 lazy refcounts test, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2012/06/22
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC 6/7] qemu-io: add "abort" command to simulate program crash, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2012/06/22
- [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/7] docs: add lazy refcounts bit to qcow2 specification, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2012/06/22
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/7] qcow2: implement lazy refcounts optimization, Zhi Yong Wu, 2012/06/25