[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2] MP initialization protocol differs between c
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2] MP initialization protocol differs between cpu families, and for P6 and onward models it is up to CPU to decide if it will be BSP using this protocol, so try to model this. However there is no point in implementing MP init
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:33:58 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Thunderbird/13.0.1
On 07/12/2012 03:39 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 12 July 2012 14:22, Igor Mammedov <address@hidden> wrote:
- moves decision to designate BSP from board into cpu, making cpu
self-sufficient in this regard. Later it will allow to cleanup hw/pc.c
and remove cpu_reset and wrappers from there.
- stores flag that CPU is BSP in IA32_APIC_BASE to model behavior
described in Inted SDM vol 3a part 1 chapter 8.4.1
- uses MSR_IA32_APICBASE_BSP flag in apic_base for checking if cpu is BSP
patch is based on Jan Kiszka's proposal:
This patch has a summary (subject) line that is way too long:
it should be short enough to fit reasonably on one line.
- fix build for i386-linux-user
spotted-by: Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
- style change requested by Andreas Färber <address@hidden>
- reuse cpu_is_bsp() rather than open code check if apicbase has BSP bit set
requested by Gleb Natapov <address@hidden>
- hijacked Andreas' patch  to use X86CPU instead of CPUX86State in
It's usual to put between-patchver changes below the '---' line.
I'll fix it in next respin.