qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is it possible to detect guest OS modifying pte inside

From: Wei-Ren Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is it possible to detect guest OS modifying pte inside QEMU?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:15:00 +0800

Hi Blue,

> >   You mean like what KVM does for shadow page table? I think we should
> > mprotect the QEMU virtual memory which is allocated as a guest page
> > table by the guest OS, right? If so, how do we know what (QEMU) virtual
> > memory we should protect? The other way I was thought of is to see if
> > we can aware some guest code sequence modifying pte, but so far no clue
> > to it.
>
> See for example notdirty and watch_mem handling in exec.c.

  There are functions st{l,q}_phys_notdirty and notdirty_mem_write, you
mean which one? Sadly, I am not familiar with the memory stuff. Could
you explain a little bit about what notdirty and watch_mem does? Googleing
doesn't help much...

  Thanks!

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,