qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Apparent USB assignment issue on 1.1+

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Apparent USB assignment issue on 1.1+
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:23:21 +0100

On 16 August 2012 09:14, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/16/12 09:45, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> This issue has been reported several times already,
>> but I can't reproduce it locally.  Gerd, can you
>> please take a look, maybe you may ask better
>> question to the OP(s) about what to try.
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1033727
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/176030/ could fix this.
> If not: enable all usb_host_* tracepoints & send log.
>
>> http://bugs.debian.org/683983
>
> No idea, must be some QOM thingy.

The "crash on usb_del" problem has been discussed on the list
before, Paolo posted a sketch of a patch to fix this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-08/msg01357.html

I'd forgotten about the issue but I think we should definitely
fix for 1.2 if we can. Anthony -- does Paolo's patch look like
the right direction?

-- PMM