qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Funny -m arguments can crash

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Funny -m arguments can crash
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:26:29 -0400

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 04:56:53PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> IMO we need to fix CMOS reporting.
>
> (technically we shouldn't touch CMOS NVRAM at all; seabios should
> discover memory size via fwcfg and program it itself.  But it's
> pointless to change it now)

It would be nice to pass all values via fw_cfg instead of cmos.  Using
the cmos to pass valus is cumbersome.

If there is some desire to specify memory to a finer granularity than
1MiB (and frankly I'm struggling to understand the desire for that),
then lets pass it via fw_cfg instead of cmos.

-Kevin