qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Tuesday, August 28th

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for Tuesday, August 28th
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:28:09 +0200

Hi

As almost everybody was at LinuxCon, we only started talking about the
cpu patches from Eduardo and decided to left things for the list/next
week.

- cpu patches until 1.2
  * get a new tree somewhere
- 1.3 discussion will wait until 1.2 is out
  people too busy right now

- Remember than KVM Forum abstracts deadline is this Friday (August
  31th)

Thanks, Juan.

This were the topics asked from Eduardo:

- *-user and qdev (recent RFCs didn't get many comments in the list, and
  I don't see a conclusion);
- 1.2 branching, or creation of a "cpu-next" tree where "good to be
  merged" patches can live until 1.2 is done;
- CPU code roadmap[1].

[1] For reference, this is the list of pending work that I want to
target for 1.3:

- -cpu help fix
- CPU DeviceState
- move CPU models to C
- kill cpudef
- unduplicate feature names
- CPU properties
- CPU model classes
- Fix -cpu host to use GET_SUPPORTED_CPUID properly
- Fix -cpu check/enforce brokenness
  (including lots of refactoring of the currently-broken feature-flag
  checking code)
- APIC ID threads/cores topology fix

Thanks, Juan.