qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu

From: Johnson, Eric
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 17:19:07 +0000

Reed only recently became aware of Jia's patches.  Reed's implementation had
gone through a few rounds of cleanup based on feedback from a third party.
That work was not completed.  There is still more cleanup that needs to be
done.  Unfortunately the resources which might have worked on it were and still
are involved in higher priority tasks.

At this point it probably makes sense to just address an issues with Jia's
patches for the MIPS32 and MIPS64 architecture encodings.  microMIPS
instruction encodings will need to be added.

> > I would like to still submit our patches .
> >
> > Please advise.
>
> Well, if your patches are in what you believe to be a clean and
> ready-for-upstream state anyway, you might as well submit them to
> the mailing list so we can look at them. (you might want to read
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch if you haven't already.)
>
> I also note that target-mips/ is currently in the "Odd Fixes"
> maintenance state -- is anybody at MIPS in a position to step
> up and help with bug fixing and patch review of that area?

MIPS has been considering several options to address the issue of a MIPS target
maintainer for QEMU.

Since the topic has come up, what is the process for vetting a maintainer?

-Eric