qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Building QEMU with multiple CPU targets.

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Building QEMU with multiple CPU targets.
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:31:21 +0100

On 8 October 2012 21:23, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> It may be possible to cheat and compile the TCG + CPU code multiple
> times as dynamic libraries.  You can then load the libraries with
> dlopen() with local symbol resolution.

...and when the common code wants to (say) call cpu_exit() on a
particular core, how does it know which DLL's version to call?
That said, I have a feeling I've heard about people trying this
kind of approach before, so it's probably possible to get something
that works on at least one host OS. I think doing it "properly"
would be less of a hack, though...

-- PMM