qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [stable] Patch Round-up for stable 1.2.1

From: Michael Roth
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [stable] Patch Round-up for stable 1.2.1
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 03:33:13 -0500

This is the current list of candidates for QEMU 1.2.1, which we're
planning to release on Thursday. Please review and respond with any additional
patches you think should be included. These patches are available at:

    https://github.com/mdroth/qemu/commits/stable-1.2-staging

    git://github.com/mdroth/qemu.git stable-1.2-staging

There are quite a bit more patches here than normal (241 total), mostly due
due to a large number of tcg refactorings and usb fixes.

I generally don't include too many refactorings, but TCI mode was mostly
broken for 1.2 and the fixes for that and a number of other issues were
intertwined. So, in general, for every relevant fix I ended up pulling in all
the tcg refactorings/optimization prior to it since it seemed safer than me
trying to make non-trivial patch modifications. We're also planning
another release prior to 1.3 so my hope is that this will make it easier
to pull in additional fixes going forward. Please chime in if anything seems
out of place.

So far I've boot-tested (with and w/o --enable-tcg-interpreter) arm, sparc,
xtensa, ppc-virtex, microblaze, and x86 and didn't see any regressions
from 1.2.0 or deviations from upstream. I will be focusing more on kvm/x86
testing throughout the week so any additional testers for other areas
(tcg/usb/spice especially) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!