qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 00:59:37 +0100

On 1 November 2012 07:22, Peter Crosthwaite
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM, johan marx <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply. I'm building with qemu-linaro
>
> Hi Johan,
>
> Sorry about the delay.
>
> Ive had a quick browse of this tree. The OMAP spi work there is ahead
> of whats in mainline, but is still divergent from the the ssi based in
> mainline that I have been working on. Should be a fairly mechanical
> conversion to bring what PMM has done there over to SSI so there is
> only one SPI bus implementation that can all the devices. That
> something of a long term goal though.

Yeah, I'm not particularly attached to any of the SPI OMAP3 code
in that tree (not having written it myself :-)). However I haven't
had much time to do omap3 related work for some time now, so mostly
my rebases of that tree have been mechanical + smoke test. It's
possible I missed something I should have changed...

In general, yes, we should get upstream's SSI framework into good
shape and then bring the omap3 stuff into line with it (possibly
even managing to upstream omap3?).

-- PMM