qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problems about "live backup vm" patch, which is issued by W

From: Liu Ji
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problems about "live backup vm" patch, which is issued by Wenchao Xia.
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:16:48 +0800

Hello Wenchao Xia,

I am very interested in your "live backup vm" patch of qemu, which have been sent to qemu-devel mail-list in "8 Dec 2012".
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-12/msg00800.html

I have test your patch in qemu-1.3.1, but I have two problems:

1) After I exec the "migrate image:" command, although the CPU of VM is not suspended, the running of VM is very slow. It is very difficult to operate the VM

by Spice.
2) When I "loadvm" the snapshot which is create by the "migrate image:" command, the Qemu output error. I change the version of qemu to 1.3.0, the "loadvm"

caused a crash.

Could you tell me which baseline version of qemu you used? And do you have the same problems?
Do you have optimized the patch, and can you provide the latest patch for me?

Thanks.