qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] The state of testing
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 17:22:34 +0100

  Hi,

> How are things looking with device emulation, migration, monitor, char, etc?

At the moment autotest/virt-test is pretty much the only workable thing
for non-trivial devices because libqtest lacks infrastructure for pci
and anything building on top of pci.

usb has no in-tree tests, but has autotest coverage.

chardevs have some autotest coverage, /me wrote a test for
chardev-{add,remove} qmp commands.  Still need to rebase + polish +
submit that one though.

Migration coverage is pretty bad overall I think.
What is the state of the idl patch series btw?

cheers,
  Gerd