qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Migration

From: mdroth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Migration
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:11:57 -0500

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:26:22PM +0530, Mrugani Kurtadikar wrote:
> Hi,
>    We are trying qemu migration.
> Suppose VM1 is migrated from hostA to hostB.
> After complete migration, VM1 starts on hostB. But VM1 on hostA
> remains in suspended mode.
> We want to identify all live VMs on hostA.
> We are not able to identify live VMs. 'ps -eaf | grep qemu' command
> gives all the qemu processes.
> Do you have any idea of to find all live VMs on host?
> Please help.

If the guest is configured with an HMP console (qemu ... -monitor stdio, for
instance) you can use the command 'info migrate' to check the
in-migrate/post-migrate status of the guests

If the guest is configured with a QMP console (qemu ... -qmp stdio, for
instance) you can use the 'query-migrate' command to get similar
information