qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Modifying a program counter

From: Ivan Jovanovic
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Modifying a program counter
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 00:33:30 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am a Computer science student which is new to QEMU, new to this list.

For the student project that I am working on, which is system security related, I am executing a program in QEMU user mode emulation. To simulate a program control flow change, like it happens in a real attack, I would like to modify program counter and 'tell' QEMU to jump to a certain instruction and continue execution from there.

Is something like that possible to achieve with QEMU? And if so, could you give me some advice how to do this?

Thank you very much and all the best,
Ivan