qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: quest ion about performance of datapla

From: Zhangleiqiang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: 答复: 答复: 答复: quest ion about performance of dataplane
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 11:13:50 +0000

I think do multiple benchmarks with the same situation and calc the average
value will eliminate the "side effects".

> Last thing, IMHO, you should also evaluate scalability:
> how dataplane and no-dataplane perform  when you run multiple VMs ?
>
> For example,
>   first  1 VM  with 2 VCPUs
>   then   2 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
>   then   3 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
>   up to 12 VMs with 2 VCPUs each
>
> It seems like you unintentionally tested what happens with 2 VMs when
> you added the "other" VM to create I/O pressure.

Indeed, the fact I used 2 VMs in previous benchmark is to ensure the vcpus is
less than the host's cores, eg, each vm had 8 vpus.
Thanks for your advice, I will evaluate the scalability,  :)