qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtualbox svga card in KVM

From: Veruca Salt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtualbox svga card in KVM
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:36:24 +0000

> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:26:25 +0200
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtualbox svga card in KVM
>
> On 04/08/13 17:11, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On 6 April 2013 00:52, Sriram Murthy <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> (actually, the virtualbox SVGA card is based off of the KVM VGA card)
> >
> > Is it possible to implement it as an extension to the VGA
> > card device, or has it diverged incompatibly such that it
> > has to be its own separate device model?
>
> Not needed. One just has to go write a windows driver. The virtual
> hardware can handle any resolution just fine.
>
> cheers,
> Gerd

Time for a mea culpa; as a user I have extended my research. The KVM vga
 sdl combination is around native speed when tested on a like-for-like
basis with intel igp.
Which probably explains why evrybody else is happy. :)
What we may have to do is fix up a gpu with drivers. Somewhat non-trivial.
Any suggestions folks?
Regards,
Simon
ps-vbox gives us another 12% flat out.