qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Last Call for 1.5 before Hard Freeze
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 08:35:13 +0200

  Hi,

> And please remember to update the changelog.  It's already a pretty
> featureful release, but I have no idea about what's happening in VNC
> land (LED extension and WebSockets?)

Yea, those two, I'm not aware of anything else.

> and what are the visible effects of
> Gerd's console refactorings.

Not much, for the most part it's internal cleanups, 1.6 will most likely
bring some user-visible changes building on top of the cleanups.

Most visible effect is probably that all the hops screendumping used to
go through are gone.  So taking a screendump doesn't switch consoles any
more (you'll see that when typing the screendump command into a vc
terminal with sdl).  Also screendumpimg doesn't need special support
from the gfx card emulation any more (which wasn't implemented by all
gfx emulation).  So screendumping works with all display hardware now.
Also the screendump commands now properly throws an error in case there
is no gfx hardware installed instead of silently doing nothing.

Oh, and the threaded vnc server should finally be rock solid.  display
resize used to race with the vnc threads, leading to qemu crashing on
mode switches now and then.  The refactoring fixed that one too.

cheers,
  Gerd