qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] drive-mirror sync points

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] drive-mirror sync points
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 22:46:55 +0100

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 01:50:00PM -0400, Wolfgang Richter wrote:
> Paolo/anyone who knows -
>
> Are drive-mirror sync points (NBD flush commands) reflecting guest write
> barriers?  Are guest write barriers respected by drive-mirror?  If so, that
> would make drive-mirror much more palatable for disk introspection work (a
> drop-in usable feature of QEMU!).

I'm also interested in this question.  Further extensions to this
(*not* drive-mirror on its own AIUI) which stefanha is working on
should allow libguestfs to perform point-in-time snapshots of images,
which will mean that we can do complex and long-running inspection
operations on live guests.

Rich.