qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-Compiling Qemu for Aarch64?

From: John Rigby
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-Compiling Qemu for Aarch64?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:47:13 -0600

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 16 May 2013 12:09, Mian M. Hamayun <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I am currently trying to compile qemu for Aarch64 but so far I haven't been
>> able to configure qemu for this purpose.
>> My first objective is to just configure and cross-compile qemu for Aarch64,
>> which is currently blocked by the qemu's dependency on cross-compiled
>> "glib-2.12".
>> For example, when I use the following configure command:
>>
>> ./configure --cross-prefix=aarch64-linux-gnu- --target-list=arm-softmmu
>> --enable-fdt --static
>>
>> I get the following error:
>> ERROR: glib-2.12 required to compile QEMU

I'm cross building in a raring chroot on a precise host.  I started
with the instructions here:
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossCompile/arm64bootstrap

I had some trouble and had to install some packages brute force
because wookey's repo was out of sync with the ubuntu repo.  Once I
got it working I have not touched it.

I'm trying to reproduce this with what is currently there.  Once I get
something working I'll send the steps and add a wiki page somewhere.

--john