qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-iotests: qcow2 failed for test 026 038

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-iotests: qcow2 failed for test 026 038
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 08:22:58 +0200

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM, TianShan Wong <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am testing qcow2 with qemu-iotests on F17, using upstream QEMU source
> tree:
> $ uname -a
> Linux Test.Server 3.8.12-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 8 15:36:14 UTC 2013
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> But got failed result as follows:
>
> $ ./check -qcow2
[...]
> Not run: 006 016 045
> Failures: 026 038
> Failed 2 of 49 tests

Thanks for reporting this.  Unfortunately they are known failures:

The precise leaked clusters number tends to change over time as qcow2
code is modified - for example, changes to the error code paths may
affect the leaked clusters in a particular scenario.

The output of the aio test is non-deterministic, I get a similar
"failure" here and it's simply a different interleaving of outputs -
the actual test is succeeding.

Fixing this is on my todo list and probably Kevin's too.  If you have
time to send patches, that would be excellent too.

Stefan