qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] gtk UI doesn't correctly byte swap 32-bit framebuffer o

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] gtk UI doesn't correctly byte swap 32-bit framebuffer on qemu-system-ppc little-endian host
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 09:52:40 +0100

On 04/06/13 08:50, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

On 06/04/13 01:19, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Mark Cave-Ayland<address@hidden>  writes:

Hi all,

I've just been testing some more OpenBIOS images with the new gtk UI and
found that if you specify a 32-bit depth framebuffer on qemu-system-ppc
running on a little-endian host then the RGB ->  BGR byteswap doesn't
take place.

Good:
./qemu-system-ppc -g 1024x768x32 -vnc :1
./qemu-system-ppc -g 1024x768x32 -sdl

Bad:
./qemu-system-ppc -g 1024x768x32

cairo has a pretty limited number of modes that it supports.

I guess we could use pixman to do the conversion.  Gerd, is that the
right approach?

Hmm, looks like we can't pass pixman format values to cairo, even though
cairo uses pixman under the hood.  So, yes, we must convert and using
pixman is the easiest way to get the job done.

Is there a way I can force the display API to do the
conversion for me?

No, but asking pixman to do it is easy, see attached patch.

Hi Gerd,

A quick test of the patch shows that it solves the problem here - thanks a lot!

ATB,

Mark.