qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V8 01/24] qcow2: Add journal specification.

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V8 01/24] qcow2: Add journal specification.
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:20:30 +0200

Am 17.07.2013 um 00:45 hat Benoît Canet geschrieben:
> > > Simple is good.  Even for deduplication alone, I think data integrity is
> > > critical - otherwise we risk stale dedup metadata pointing to clusters
> > > that are unallocated or do not contain the right data.  So the journal
> > > will probably need to follow techniques for commits/checksums.
> >

> I'll add checksums to the journal and clean the journal entry size mess soon.
>
> For the transactional/commits aspect of the journal I think that we need
> Kevin's
> point of view on the subject.

Sorry, I was going to prepare a patch that does journalling for the
existing metadata, but once again other things stole my time. I'm still
planning to do that, though, and then we can compare whether your
requirements are fulfilled with it as well.

Kevin