qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM virtio-serial not showing up (was: Re: ARM virtio-s

From: Doug Goldstein
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM virtio-serial not showing up (was: Re: ARM virtio-scsi - disks never show up)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 22:31:10 -0500

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

Have you tried virtio-serial on ARM at all?  The port never shows up.

I believe it does not work. Cole Robinson's patchset for libvirt to support ARM mentions that -device virtio-serial-device for serial does not work and you have to use -serial. Past reviewing his code I have no personal knowledge.

Do all virtio-* devices need to be ported specially to virtio-mmio or
should they (in theory at least) just work?

Is there a command one can use in the guest to list virtio-mmio
devices, similar to lspci?

Are virtio-mmio devices self-describing or do they have to be listed
in the device tree? (it's going to really complicate things if the
latter ...)

Attached below is the command line and kernel output.

Rich.

--
Doug Goldstein