qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging the quorum block driver

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging the quorum block driver
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:21:46 +0200

Am 19.09.2013 um 14:55 hat Benoît Canet geschrieben:
> Le Thursday 19 Sep 2013 à 10:57:50 (+0200), Kevin Wolf a écrit :

> > By the way, I think he concrete syntax might have to be a bit different
> > so it can be mapped to QAPI for blockdev-add. I think we'll want to use
> > a JSON list for the children; a mapping to QDict and to the command line
> > is yet to be implemented I guess.
>
> Hi,
>
> Just to make sure I'll code the right thing; is the following correct ?
>
> -drive if=none,file.driver=quorum,format=raw,\
>        file.children=[/nfs1/test.qcow2, /nfs2/test.qcow2, /nfs3/test.qcow2], \
>        file.vote_threshold=2

I was thinking more along the lines of:

    -drive if=none,file.driver=quorum,format=raw,\
           file.children[0].file.filename=/nfs1/test.qcow2, \
           file.children[1].file.filename=/nfs2/test.qcow2, \
           file.children[1].file.cache.direct=on, \
           file.children[2].file.driver=nbd, \
           file.children[2].file.host=localhost, \
           file.vote_threshold=2

The exact syntax doesn't matter all that much as long as it can be
mapped to QAPI, but as you can see this allows specifying detailed
options even for the children. I think this is a requirement.

Kevin