qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 42/43] piix4: add acpi pci hotplug support

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 42/43] piix4: add acpi pci hotplug support
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:17:06 +0300

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 09:27:33AM -0700, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Seemed cleaner not to.
> >
> > It certainly would be if we had a self-descriptive migration stream
> > format.
>
> Yes, removing tests is always a good thing.
>
> But I think subsections should always be used when they can.  We should
> not break compatibility (even if we technical don't guarantee it) unless
> we absolutely have to.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

OK so I can interpret this in 2 ways wrt bridge hotplug:
- it's in shape for 1.7 except the migration which should use
  subsections (and needs cross-version testing)
- it's not in shape for 1.7

Can you tell me which it is please?

If it's 1 I'll repost a version with tweaked
migration format and cross-version testing report, tomorrow.

If it's 2 I'd rather work on this after the forum, I still
need to make some travel arrangements.

Paolo? Anthony?

--
MST